FEES FOR EVALUATION AND LASER TREATMENT
Here's a fun fact: Dr. Johnson HAS NOT INCREASED HIS FEES since 2012
1. There is a one-time consultation fee. No office or exam charges after that.
2. There is an initial treatment fee which covers a first and second treatment (if needed).
3. For any 3rd, 4th, or subsequent ‘touch-up’ treatment (if any are needed) there is a reduced treatment fee. There is no time limit. Even newer or different floaters years later will always be just touchup for that same eye.
4. Treatment fees are per eye.
5. We accept credit & debit cards for payment, but we do offer an approximate 5% discount for payment with cash, personal or cashier’s checks (from American or Canadian bank accounts). Read through this page for specific details.
6. We do not finance treatments nor do we accept Care Credit or other pre-approved finance plans for medical procedures.
7. We are not an insurance-contracted practice and we have opted out of Medicare.That is, we do not submit your insurance information to your insurer and wait for their decision to pay. We will provide the documents you may need to submit the claim on your own. We can not provide advice as to whether your insurance company will pay for the procedure. See the page regarding insurance.
8. We collect fees at the time of service.
INITIAL EXAMINATION FEE / CONSULTATION
$250.00 (one-time fee). No Discounts.
$250.00 for initial evaluation, consultation, slit-lamp examination and dilated examination of the retina and vitreous cavity. This initial fee is due regardless of whether laser is performed or not and whether evaluating one or both eyes. This thorough visit takes about 30-45 min. The goal is to assess the health of the eye and retina, to visualize the floater(s), and determine the “treatability” and prognosis for treatment success. We block off enough time at this visit to go ahead and treat if you wish. It is your choice.
STANDARD INITIAL TREATMENT FEE
$1,850.00 per eye for first two treatments (that is $1850.00 TOTAL for the first two treatments of an eye). For cash, check, or cashier’s check, the discounted fee is $1750.00.
SECOND TREATMENT OF SAME EYE
No charge, included in initial treatment fee as described above.
THIRD AND ANY SUBSEQUENT TREATMENT OF SAME EYE
$400.00 per eye, per treatment session. For cash, check, or cashier’s check, the discounted fee is $380.00
Any subsequent treatments in the same eye will be charged a facility/laser fee at $400.00 per eye per session. Most floater treatments will require more than one treatment and some very extensive or complex cases may benefit from multiple treatments..
BUDGETING FOR TREATMENT / SETTING EXPECTATIONS:
We have found the majority of isolated floater material (such as with Weiss ring-type floaters) can eliminated in the first 1-2 treatments. Larger, diffuse, and cloud-like vitreal condensations may take 3-4 treatment sessions or rarely, several. Treatments can be performed on consecutive days, or spaced apart at the patient’s convenience. It is impractical to predict how many treatments it may take prior to examining the patient, and even then, it can be quite difficult.